Welcome to phase three of CrowdOutAIDS: the SOLUTIONS phase. So far, 3,072 people have participated in 8 online worldwide regional forums and 1595 in offline meet-ups to discuss the challenges and opportunities for the UN to work more effectively with young people, youth networks and organizations.
The strategy will now be drafted based on issues raised in the Open Forums – both online and offline.
Each week the online moderators conducted qualitative thematic analysis for each regional forum. The offline forums were analyzed using collaborative qualitative analysis approach where three project members independently coded the data for key themes. In a team analysis meeting, with both internal and external team members, key opportunities and challenges were identified and have been summarized under the following priority areas:
- Strategic partnerships
- Transparent participation
- Increase (out) reach
- Leverage innovation
- Accessible information
- Smarter funding
- Skills for leadership
The priority areas were also shared with all moderators as well as the external working group for validation. The data will also be made available to the drafting committee and all CrowdOutAIDS participants via the blog - for transparency of analysis.
This phase, the find solutions phase, consists a customized OSQA application, which essentially is an open source question and answer platform. We have developed one question for each priority area, so that you can suggest actions that should be included in the new strategy for the UNAIDS Secretariat.
Actions can be voted for, by the community. The most popular actions will be included for consideration into the final strategy by the drafting committee.
This is the collaborative drafting schedule for the next weeks:
- 26 January launch of solutions application which will be running for the duration of the drafting period.
- 30 January, launch of the collaborative strategy authoring tool.
- 30 January to 17 of February, drafting committee writes strategy and validates with CrowdOutAIDS community.
- 17 of February, the drafting committee engages in strategic discussion with UNAIDS Executive Director and gets input on the strategy.
- 15 of March, the final strategy is available.